Our Services During COVID-19
PRACE AND CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
With the reintroduction of stage three restrictions, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our community in many different and difficult ways. We’re doing everything we can to adapt and provide support to our students, staff, volunteers and community groups.
There have been a number of changes to our service delivery as we continue to take direction from the relevant government authorities. We reassure you that we are taking strong measures to protect the health and safety of our community during this unprecedented period.
Our latest updates can be found below.
Stay safe, stay connected and reach out if you need support.
The team at PRACE
COURSES & SERVICES
The following classes and services remain open and will be delivered via remote learning modes unless otherwise specified*. We anticipate a staged return to classroom learning from the 31st of August 2020.
To enrol in term 3 courses, please contact the office on 9462 6077.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) All SEE, AMEP and Skills First referrals remain open. Please contact the office to schedule a pre-enrolment interview.
- Pre-accredited Courses Term 3 courses will be delivered online via Google sites and Zoom. We are now taking enrolments for:
- Carpentry Trade Taster Enrolments are now open for this hands on course which will run on site in our specialised work roon. Find out more here.
- Certificate III in Education Support is taking expressions of interest.
- Reconnect The current program is now full, however you can access the waitlist by contacting our office on 9462 6077 or visit the Reconnect page.
*Onsite classes will adhere to strict hygiene and social distancing requirements.
In line with Victorian schools, PRACE College VCAL students and staff have returned to Merrilands Community Centre and will continue classroom learning when term three begins on Monday the 13th of July.
Enrolments are open and more information about VCAL at PRACE College is available here.
The PRACE office and classrooms at Merrilands Community Centre remain closed and all staff are now working remotely. The reception team is available from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday by phone 9462 6077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MERRILANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE
Merrilands Community Centre is currently closed to the public to ensure we help protect the broader community. PRACE is working with members of our community groups and a decision to re-open these services will be forthcoming over terms 3 & 4.
During this period of restrictions, many people in our community are physically and socially isolated. We encourage our students, staff, volunteers and community members to reach out if they need support. Students are encouraged to speak with their teacher or call our office between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and can be contacted by phone 9462 6077.
Trained mental health and wellbeing counsellors are available 24/7 on the Beyond Blue coronavirus support line 1800 512 348 .
Access up-to-date information from the following sources:
- In-language information in Arabic, Assyrian, Burmese, Cantonese, Croatian, Dari, Dinka, Greek, Gujarati, Hazaragi, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Khmer, Korean, Kurmanji, Macedonian, Mandarin, Persian, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese.
- Department of Health and Human Services (Federal Government)
- Department of Health and Human Services (State Government)
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding the virus, transmission, testing and preventative measures.
- BeyondBlue Support Services for mental wellbeing.