Our Services During COVID-19
Victoria is currently under lockdown restrictions that are impacting our service delivery. The following service changes will remain in place until restrictions are eased by the Victorian State government.
- Prace College, EAL classes and Education Support will once again return to remote learning and Education Support practical placements will be on hold for the time being.
- Reconnect services remain open, however services will be delivered remotely.
- Pre-accredited courses will continue with or return to remote learning, however several courses will have to be rescheduled (including Bookkeeping & MYOB and Barista Basics).
- Play Learn Connect is now on hold.
- Prace staff are now working from home, however the office and reception can still be reached on 9462 6077.
Please call the office on 9462 6077 if you require further clarification.
We understand that recurring lockdowns are extremely challenging for many members of our community. We encourage students, staff, volunteers and community members to reach out if they need support. Students are encouraged to speak with their teacher or call the office on 9462 6077. Beyond Blue can provide dedicated mental health wellbeing support, please visit https://coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au/ for more information.
Take care and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to Prace soon.
Prace is committed to supporting our students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Under COVIDSafe restrictions, university, TAFE and adult education settings are now open. PRACE has a COVIDSafe plan in place that includes:
- Students are seated 1.5 metres apart in classrooms and some training continues to be delivered online to reduce overall numbers at our training sites.
- Density limits of one person per two square metres in common areas such as lunchrooms, foyers and reception.
- Signage is displayed in public areas to indicate the maximum number of members of the public that may be present in the space at a single time.
- Masks MUST BE worn while onsite.
- Students attending by public transport must wear a mask while travelling to and from our training sites.
We wish to assure you that the safety of our community is our highest priority as we continue to navigate this unprecedented period. Our COVIDSafe plan will continue to be updated in accordance with any changes to restrictions in Victoria.
The team at PRACE
COURSES & SERVICES
A number of courses and services have resumed on site in 2021. However, some training will continues to be delivered remotely to reduce overall numbers at our training sites. To check the location and delivery mode of a class, visit our Courses page or call the office on 9462 6077
For more information or to enrol in a course, contact the office on 9462 6077
All students have returned to face to face learning in 2021. Enrolments are open and more information about VCAL at PRACE College is available here.
In line with Victorian Government guidelines, face masks ARE now required indoors at Prace. Face masks are required if travelling on public transport, including to and from Prace.
Face masks continue to be mandatory in other settings in Victoria. Information about face masks can be found here https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/face-masks-covid-19
The PRACE office and classrooms at Merrilands Community Centre have reopened to staff and students. The reception team is available from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday by phone 9462 6077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MERRILANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE
Merrilands Community Centre has recommenced hosting community groups in line with current restrictions.
We encourage our students, staff, volunteers and community members to reach out if they need support. Students are encouraged to speak with their teacher or call the office on 9462 6077. Our office is open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Trained mental health and wellbeing counsellors are available 24/7 on the Beyond Blue coronavirus support line 1800 512 348 .
Access up-to-date information from the following sources:
- In-language information in Arabic, Assyrian, Burmese, Cantonese, Croatian, Dari, Dinka, Greek, Gujarati, Hazaragi, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Khmer, Korean, Kurmanji, Macedonian, Mandarin, Persian, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese.
- Department of Health and Human Services (Federal Government)
- Department of Health and Human Services (State Government)
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding the virus, transmission, testing and preventative measures.
- BeyondBlue Support Services for mental wellbeing.