Our Services During COVID-19
PRACE is committed to supporting our students and staff as the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues.
Coronavirus testing is no longer available at Merrilands Community Centre. If you have any of the symptoms, however mild, you should seek advice and get tested. To get further advice, call the 24-hour coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398.
To stem the spread of COVID-19, the Victorian Government has imposed Stage 4 restrictions for metropolitan Melbourne. These new restrictions impact how we interact with our community and we are working hard to adapt our practices to ensure we continue to provide PRACE services to our community.
The majority of our students and staff are currently learning and working remotely. Remote delivery will continue until we receive further government advice about the restrictions for face to face learning
We wish to assure you that the safety of our community is our highest priority as we continue to navigate this unprecedented period.
Please stay safe, stay connected and reach out if you need support.
The team at PRACE
COURSES & SERVICES
All classes and services are now being delivered remotely.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) All SEE, AMEP and Skills First referrals remain open. Please contact the office to schedule a pre-enrolment interview which will be conducted remotely.
- Pre-accredited Courses Term 3 courses will be delivered online via Google sites and Zoom. These include:
- Carpentry Trade Taster taking expressions of interest.
- Certificate III in Education Support taking expressions of interest.
- Reconnect The current program is now full, however you can access the waitlist by contacting our office on 9462 6077 or visit the Reconnect page.
For more information or to enrol in a course, please contact the office on 9462 6077
In line with State Government guidelines, PRACE College students and staff will return too remote learning during stage 4 restrictions. PRACE College will remain open for vulnerable young people who cannot learn at home.
Enrolments are open and more information about VCAL at PRACE College is available here.
People living in Melbourne and regional Victoria are now required to wear a face covering when leaving home. More information about face masks can be found here https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/face-masks-covid-19
If you, your family or friends are from a culturally and linguistically diverse community and know someone who would benefit from receiving information on face masks in their own language, please help us by sharing this link.
The PRACE office and classrooms at Merrilands Community Centre remain closed and all staff are now working remotely. The reception team is available from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday by phone 9462 6077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MERRILANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE
Merrilands Community Centre is currently closed to the public to ensure we help protect the broader community. PRACE is working with members of our community groups and a decision to re-open these services will be forthcoming over terms 3 & 4.
During this period of restrictions, many people in our community are physically and socially isolated. We encourage our students, staff, volunteers and community members to reach out if they need support. Students are encouraged to speak with their teacher or call our office between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and can be contacted by phone 9462 6077.
Trained mental health and wellbeing counsellors are available 24/7 on the Beyond Blue coronavirus support line 1800 512 348 .
Access up-to-date information from the following sources:
- In-language information in Arabic, Assyrian, Burmese, Cantonese, Croatian, Dari, Dinka, Greek, Gujarati, Hazaragi, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Khmer, Korean, Kurmanji, Macedonian, Mandarin, Persian, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese.
- Department of Health and Human Services (Federal Government)
- Department of Health and Human Services (State Government)
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding the virus, transmission, testing and preventative measures.
- BeyondBlue Support Services for mental wellbeing.