SEEKING: Adult Literacy Teacher
Posted December 21, 2021
Prace is seeking an experienced & dedicated adult literacy teacher for Wednesday evenings.
Join our dynamic team, passionate about helping students to change their lives through adult education. The role requires a dedicated professional who is committed to maximising student engagement and learning outcomes.
- Wednesdays 6.30pm to 8.00pm
- Weekly following school terms throughout 2022
- Location – Reservoir
Submit your resume and address all selection criteria below to email@example.com before January 21st, 2022.
- Demonstrated literacy teaching experience (primary school or adult education preferred)
- Grad Dip, Dip Ed or equivalent in Primary Teaching, or an adult literacy teaching qualification
- Ability to translate literacy teaching into an adult education environment
- Understanding of, issues facing people from with previous barriers to educations and/or learning
- Experience teaching flexible and inclusive curriculum that meets a range of student learning styles
- Intermediate digital literacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow complex administrative systems and meet deadlines
EQUITY AND DIVERSITY
Prace is committed to equal opportunity in education, employment and welfare for staff and students.
Prace intentionally promotes and protects the interests and safety of children, and a child-safe environment for all children and young people in its care.
This will be achieved by:
- having a zero tolerance for child abuse
- working to actively listen to and empower children
- having systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responding to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- being committed to promoting cultural safety for Aboriginal children, cultural safety for children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability
- engaging only the most suitable people to work with children along with providing high quality supervision and professional development.
Position Description-Spelling Reading and Writing 2022