SEEKING: Certificate III in Education Support Teacher
Posted July 24, 2018
Sessional Teacher Position
PRACE is a community adult education provider and charity situated in the northern suburbs of Melbourne
We are currently seeking applications for the following teaching position for 2018/2019 vocational education & training (VET):
- Sessional Teacher: Certificate III in Education Support (Teacher Aide)
- 1 day teaching per week (Preferably Friday)
- Further availability required to Coordinate / Supervise Student Practical Placements in schools
- Indicative Commencement: Sept. 2018
- Fixed Term Position
- Relevant industry experience in the Education Support sector – supporting school aged children. Preferably: Primary, Secondary or Special Needs Schools (Minimum 3 years)
- Qualifications / current skills & knowledge demonstrating competency in the units contained within the Certificate III in Education Support qualification (CHC30213)
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40110) or its successor
- Teaching Degree or Graduate Diploma of Education (preferable)
Job Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrable qualification and/or expertise in teaching Education Support Competencies to students wishing to gain work as a Teacher Aide in a school (P to Yr 12) or similar education setting.
- In depth knowledge of theories, methods and practices in teaching adult learners in a culturally diverse / community setting
- Current knowledge of VET sector compliance, contract and legislative requirements to meet organisational obligations
- High level of verbal and written communication and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people / industry partners
- Demonstrated excellent organisational skills with ability to follow accredited VET administrative systems and meet deadlines
- Police Check (mandatory)
- Working with Children’s Check (mandatory)
- 6 month probation
- Salary Packaging available
How to apply for this job:
Please send your resume and cover letter (or equivalent) addressing the job selection criteria to email@example.com, using the subject line: Sessional Teacher – VET application
Also refer to the Position Description outlining Key Responsibilities & Duties. Position Description Education Support -2018
For further information contact Ancy on 03 – 9462 6077 (Work days: Tues, Wed. & Fri).
Job interviews to commence from 6/8/18.
You will be asked the following key questions, please consider carefully when you apply:
- How many years relevant experience do you have in a similar or related role, supporting school aged children?
- Are you available to teach on Friday?
- Do you have the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or its successor?