SEEKING: EAL Teacher
Posted June 26, 2019
PRACE would like to offer the opportunity to a dedicated teaching professional to take on a teaching position at PRACE. The position available encompasses teaching Cert 2 in EAL, plus associated administration duties.
You will be part of a dynamic team passionate about helping students to change their lives through effective language, literacy and numeracy programs. The role requires a dedicated professional to enhance student outcomes.
You will need a post graduate qualification in TESOL and a Certificate IV in TAE to apply for this position.
- Teaching 15 hours per week – Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 9.15 am to 2.45 pm hours paid teaching related administration per week
- Plus annual and personal leave
- Teaching Course in EAL
- Start date: 30th July, 2019
- A formal pre-service teaching qualification plus an appropriate post graduate TESOL qualification which includes at least 100 contact hours of TESOL method and a practicum of at least 60 hours; AND Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE)
- Demonstrated experience with, and understanding of, issues facing people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Experience in delivering the accredited EAL curriculum in a community setting or TAFE (please describe your experience teaching each level you wish to apply for)
- Demonstrated ability to follow complex administrative systems and meet deadlines
- Ability to use a range of technology equipment and applications such as iPads, personal computers, Microsoft Office, Google Drive & Docs, email
- Demonstrated ability to use and integrate ICT and Apps into the language classroom
Please email your resume including a separate response to the selection criteria to Libby Barker on (03) 9462 6077 or email email@example.com
Applications close: 5.00 pm Monday 8th July, 2019.