Seeking: Sessional Education Support Teacher
Posted March 15, 2017
Sessional Teacher Position
PRACE is a community adult education provider and charity situated in the northern suburbs of Melbourne.
We are currently seeking applications for the following teaching position for 2017 vocational education & training (VET):
- Sessional Teacher: Certificate III in Education Support (Teacher Aide)
- 2 days teaching per week (Tuesday & Friday)
- Further availability required to Coordinate / Supervise Student Practical Placements in schools
- Indicative Commencement: April 2017
- Fixed Term Position
- Relevant industry experience in the Education Support sector – preferably Primary, Secondary or Special Needs Schools (Minimum 3 years)
- Teaching Degree or Bachelor/Graduate Diploma of Education
- Qualifications / current skills & knowledge demonstrating competency in the units contained within the Certificate III in Education Support qualification (CHC30213)
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40110) or its successor
Job Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrable qualification and/or expertise in teaching Education Support Competencies to students wishing to gain work as a Teacher Aide in a school (P to Yr 12) or similar education setting.
- In depth knowledge of theories, methods and practices in teaching adult learners in a culturally diverse / community setting
- Current knowledge of VET sector compliance, contract and legislative requirements to meet organisational obligations
- High level of verbal and written communication and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people / industry partners
- Demonstrated excellent organisational skills with ability to follow accredited VET administrative systems and meet deadlines
- Police Check (mandatory)
- Working with Children’s Check (mandatory)
- 6 month probation
- Salary Packaging available
How to apply for this job:
Please send your resume and cover letter (or equivalent) addressing the job selection criteria to email@example.com, using the subject line: Sessional Teacher – VET application.
The Position Description outlining Key Responsibilities & Duties is available here:
Position Description – Education Support Sessional Teacher
Please apply as soon as possible. Job interviews to commence from 3rd April 2017.
You will be asked the following key questions, please consider carefully when you apply:
- How many years relevant experience do you have in a similar or related role?
- Are you available to teach on Tuesday & Friday?
- Do you have a relevant degree or tertiary qualification?
- Do you have the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or its successor?
For further information contact Ancy on 9462 6077 (Work days: Tues, Wed. & Fri).