SEEKING: Sessional Trainer: Disability-Making Connections… Skills for working and Living
Posted February 27, 2018
Disability Sessional Trainer Position
PRACE (Preston Reservoir Adult Community Education, Inc. – TOID 4036) is a registered not-for-profit charitable organisation committed to meeting the language, literacy and numeracy, vocational training and further education needs of the local community. PRACE has been running programs to achieve this since 1993.
PRACE also runs a number of youth programs; vocational education and training; and is registered as an independent school PRACE College.
Are you passionate about supporting people with intellectual disabilities?
Do you aim to encourage and facilitate opportunities?
We are currently seeking applications for the following position for 2018 delivery:
- Sessional trainer: Disability – Making Connections… Skills for working and Living
- 2 day per week (Monday and Friday)
- 5 hours per week teaching plus 3.75 hours a week program planning and resource creation.
- Fixed Term to December 2018
Making Connections…Skills for Working and Living is a pre-accredited course for people with mild intellectual or learning difficulties. The program will develop employability and life skills (including literacy, numeracy, computer skills, making plans and social/interpersonal skills) and assist learners to apply these skills in both work and personal contexts.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following key requirements
- Certificate IV Disability, Diploma Community Services or Relevant industry qualifications / experience demonstrating competency skills and knowledge in teaching learners with a disability.
- Experience teaching flexible and inclusive curriculum that meets a range of student learning styles and needs in a community setting
- Demonstrated ability to follow complex administrative systems and meet deadlines
- Experience working with disadvantaged and / or disengaged learners
- Basic IT Skills
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE) or equivalent
- Certificate in First Aid
- Police Check (mandatory)
- Working with Children’s Check (mandatory)
- 6 month probation
- Salary Packaging available
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Use appropriate teaching methods and resources in all sessions.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of theories, methods and practices in teaching learners with a range of intellectual disabilities
- Develop and document curriculum as per course outline, prepare and deliver lessons based on the students learning needs and goals, current theories of language acquisition and adult learning principles.
- Ensure curriculum and program delivery is flexible and inclusive of all students using a range of learning and assessment tasks and tools to address a range of learning styles and needs.
- Monitor and record student progress, established through a range of informal assessment practices ensuring students are given the opportunity within class to achieve preaccredited learning outcomes.
- Remain abreast of the current pathway options for students and incorporate into the learning process throughout the course
- Complete employment, student and program administrative requirements within given timeframes for preaccredited programs
PRACE offers a supportive environment where you can learn and develop both personally and professionally. This is an excellent opportunity to further your career and join an organisation that values their employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position and would like to discuss your application further, please phone Nadine on 9462 6077 and send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Making Connections Position Description 2018
Applications close 15th April 2018 at 5pm