Sessional Trainer Position
Posted July 14, 2017
PRACE is a not-for-profit adult education provider and charity situated in the northern suburbs of Melbourne
We are currently seeking applications for the following position for 2017 delivery:
- Sessional trainer: Disability – Making Connections… Skills for working and Living
- 2 days per week (Monday and Friday)
- 8 hours per week teaching over two locations (Reservoir and Greensborough) plus 4 hours a week program planning and resource creation.
- Commencing 2017 (Fixed Term July- December)
- Certificate IV Disability or Relevant industry qualifications / experience demonstrating competency skills and knowledge in teaching learners with a disability.
- Experience teaching flexible and inclusive curriculum that meets a range of student learning styles and needs in a community setting
- Demonstrated ability to follow complex administrative systems and meet deadlines
- Experience working with disadvantaged and / or disengaged learners
- Basic IT Skills
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE) or equivalent
- Certificate in First Aid
- Police Check (mandatory)
- Working with Children’s Check (mandatory)
- 6 month probation
- Salary Packaging available
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Use appropriate teaching methods and resources in all sessions.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of theories, methods and practices in teaching learners with a range of intellectual disabilities
- Develop and document curriculum, prepare and deliver lessons based on the students learning needs and goals, current theories of language acquisition and adult learning principles.
- Ensure curriculum and program delivery is flexible and inclusive of all students using a range of learning and assessment tasks and tools to address a range of learning styles and needs.
- Monitor and record student progress, established through a range of informal assessment practices ensuring students are given the opportunity within class to achieve preaccredited learning outcomes.
- Remain abreast of the current pathway options for students and incorporate into the learning process throughout the course
- Complete employment, student and program administrative requirements within given timeframes for pre-accredited programs
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement processes for PRACE as an employer, charity, government funded training provider and registered training organisation (RTO), identifying continuous improvement opportunities, participating in meetings as well as giving and obtaining regular feedback from students and industry representatives.
- Support PRACE safe work practices and assist in promoting safety as a requirement of day to day operations.
- Maintain and develop one’s own professional capability as an expert VET practitioner as related to education delivery to people with a disability.
- Attend relevant meetings and act within PRACE policies and procedures at all times.
- Current knowledge of VET sector compliance, contract and legislative requirements to meet organisational obligations
- High level of verbal and written communication and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
If you are interested in applying for this role and want to discuss the position, please phone Nadine on 9462 6077 and send your resume to email@example.com
For a copy of the position description please see link below.
Making Connections Pre-accredited PD 2017